Accelerate2030 goes Live with Impact Hub: Turning It Around through Green & Circular Innovation in Health
WHO has declared that climate change is the greatest threat to global health in the 21st century. Despite the clear link between climate change and negative health outcomes, globally the health sector is a major contributor to greenhouse gas emissions.
This panel will focus on how key players in the health sector are taking concrete actions to turn it around for the environment, at the entrepreneurial, corporate and policy level. Panelists from WHO, Pfizer, GAVI and Accelerate2030 entrepreneurs will speak about their green and circular innovations, emerging technologies and key learnings aimed at making the health sector more sustainable. The event will be hosted by Accelerate2030, the world’s largest scaling program connecting entrepreneurship and the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) and Impact Hub – one of the world’s largest communities and accelerators for positive change.
Moderator – Markus Beck, Circular Economy expert, Senior Manager at GAVI, the Vaccine Alliance, Accelerate2030 Health Expert Committee
Intro to Accelerate2030 Health and Circularity program – Alexandra ‘Santu’ Boëthius, Strategic Lead of Accelerate2030 and Co-founder of Impact Hub Geneva & Lausanne
- Elena Villalobos Prats, Technical Officer of Climate Change and Health, WHO
- Louise Proud, Vice President, Global Environment, Health & Safety, Pfizer Inc.
- Rafael Figueroa, Founder and CEO of Portal Telemedicina, Accelerate2030 Global Finalist
- Muhammad Fauzal Rizki, Founder and CEO of Sampangan, Accelerate2030 Global Finalist
- Dr. Matthew Meyer, MD, Assistant Professor at University of Virginia, Sustainable Health Advocate
The event is in English, and free of charge – Register here to attend: https://bit.ly/turnitaround4health
See other Events