TED Member Group Discussion
“TODAY’S CLIMATE, TOMORROW’S FOOD.”
WE WILL TALK ABOUT THE EFFECTS OF CLIMATE CHANGE ON FOOD AND NEW FOOD FRONTIERS.
The next Impact Hub Ticino TED Members Group Discussion will be held on July 19 at 18:00 at the headquarters of Impact Hub Ticino in via Ciseri 3 in Lugano and addresses the theme “The climate of today, the food of tomorrow” starting from the TED Talk video “Climate Change is becoming a problem you can taste” by Amanda Little, professor of journalism and scientific writing at Vanderbilt University and Bloomberg columnist.
Our food systems and food production chains have not been designed to adapt to major changes, such as the climate we are experiencing. In this TED Talk Amanda Little chronicles how the climate crisis could wreak havoc on our food supply and introduces us to farmers, entrepreneurs and engineers who are radically rethinking what we grow and how we eat, combining traditional agriculture with the most advanced technology to create a robust, resilient and sustainable food future.
After the screening of the TED video, all participants are invited to actively contribute to the conversation by expressing ideas and visions in a collaborative way with the aim of bringing new awareness and points of view around the theme. The conversation will be facilitated and fuelled by other on-site conversation starters on the subject. They will participate:
- Gabriele Bianchi, Oenologist and Owner of Azienda Agricola Bianchi
- Sebastiano Cossia Castiglioni, Vegan Impact Investor (TBC)
- Natalie Maspoli Taylor, Director of Sea Shepherd Switzerland
- Pio Wennubst, Ambassador, Permanent Representative, Permanent Mission of Switzerland to the United Nations organisations in Rome (TBC)
- Agnese Z’graggen, Food Designer and owner of Officina del Gusto
See other Events