Form part of a Community of Practice
Do you want to learn a powerful framework and a method for profound change, both individual and collective?
Are you ready to embark on a transformative journey to be more connected to the more authentic aspects of who you are?
Starting September 13th, the Presencing Institute offers the open 13-week online edX/MITx course U.Lab: Leading from the Emerging Future, with local learning groups in 40+ Impact Hub locations around the world.
Get involved by joining a Community of Practice
It is a way of leading profound change that has been developed by action researchers at MIT, and practiced by leaders around the world for over 20 years.
The course is dispensed online and can be followed autonomously. However, successfully achieving the learning outcomes requires engaging with a community and practicing using the tools and methods. Find out more about this innovative educational model in this article.
From Sept. 13 to Dec. 21, be part of a self-organised u.lab Community of Practice. All you need to do is show up to the Live Sessions and connect with other learners.
Live Sessions for u.lab will take place on the following dates – so mark your calendars now. All sessions will be broadcast live from 4pm to 5pm.
- Sept 20: Live-Session: Co-initiation @ 4 PM
- Oct 18: Live-Session: Presencing @ 4 PM – 75 minutes
- Nov 15: Live-Session Crystallizing & Prototyping @ 4PM – 60 minutes
- Dec 13: Live-Session Co-evolving @ 4PM CET (10 AM EST) – 60 minutes
As a result of participating in the u.lab Community of Practice you will:
- Learn new tools in listening, facilitation and connecting with others that you can take back to your organisation
- Accelerate your ideas for a better Lausanne as part of a group of energetic and optimistic people
- Build lasting relationships with local changemakers
- Get access to meeting space and resources to develop your ideas beyond the course
NON-MEMBERS: CHF 160 (which includes a Connect membership for the duration of the course).
This course is enabled through the Creative Commons License by the Presencing Institute – Otto Scharmer. See full licensing details here.
While the course is free, your contribution allows us to host the space for practice groups and live sessions. See more details below.
As participants of the free online course U.Lab: Leading from the Emerging Future, you are free to organise your own hub. So why become an IHL member for your U.Lab journey? U.Lab is an online course that invites offline engagement and prototyping; indeed, this is essential to deepening your understanding of the material. Impact Hub Lausanne’s vibrant community offers a great environment for learning, connecting and prototyping – so that your ideas can actually manifest with the support of like-minded players with common intentions. You’ll be part of a global community of over 11,000 other Impact Hub Members worldwide.
The U.Lab @ IHL Membership includes the following benefits:
- A biweekly meetup space to make sense of & practice the learning material, and support your U journey in project groups.
- A connection to people in our impact ecosystem – entrepreneurs, changemakers and regional stakeholders – who are working to create a world that works for all.
- A hosted environment that will support your journey through the U.Lab experience to bring the course and your ideas to life.
- A beautiful and well-equipped meeting place for the live sessions and group activities with your fellow U.Lab participants.
- Connect Impact Hub Membership benefits, such as access to community events and our own online network Impact Hub Net.